First ever cricket pitch installed in Newbridge House
On the 24th of April 2012 a new arena for cricket in Ireland was born for the local Swords Cricket Club.
Newbridge House & Demesne was built between 1747 and 1752 by Archbishop Cobbe with 370 acres of land which is now operated by Fingal County Council. The Cobbe family which still reside in part of Newbridge House will be waking up to sounds of ‘shot’ and ‘howzat’ on a Sunday morning now that Morgan Sports Solutions have installed a 30m x 2.74m ECB Approved Artificial Cricket Pitch.
The official opening of the pitch will be this Saturday 28th April where a cricket tournament of local clubs will take place.
For more information visit www.swordscricketclub.com